I talked to several of your references and they all gave you guys glowing recommendations.
Home // Our Staffing Models // Medical Director Services
Medical Director Services
Since we started in 1983, General Medicine has always understood that the Medical Director of a facility plays and important leadership role in providing high-quality care to their residents. Because of this, our medical director services encompass the right leadership and techniques to truly make a positive impact on each health care facility we contract with.
Medical directors play a pivotal role in ensuring standards of practice are met and approaches to treatment and medications are current.
Our medical director services can improve many aspects of your facility:
- Ensures patients have appropriate physician coverage.
- Creates a process for reviewing physician and health care practitioners’ credentials.
- Provides a process for monitoring physician and other practitioners’ performance.
- Provides feedback to physicians and other practitioners on their performance and practices.
- Assists in administrative decisions and development of policies and procedures related to patient care.
- Implement clinical practices that ensure the facility is in compliance with regulations and laws relating to patient care.
- Review and participate in federal, state and local surveys and inspections.
- Assist in IDDR processes.
- Review policies and procedures regarding the protection of patients’ rights, advanced care planning and other ethical issues.
- Maintain OBRA compliance.
Quality of Care
- Establish systems and methods for reviewing the quality and appropriateness of care and other health services, and providing appropriate feedback.
- Participate in the facility’s quality improvement process.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to protect against the spread of infections.
- Provide a safe and caring environment for patients to live in.
- Maintain affiliations with primary care providers and hospitalists to ensure continuity of care for patients.
Education, Information and Communication
- Promote a learning culture among the staff and patients within the facility.
- Promote employee health and safety by implementing policies and procedures.
- Improve communication between staff, patients and families.
- Serve as a representative to the professional and lay community on medical and health services of patients.
- Stay informed on changing social, regulatory, political and economic factors that affect the facility and its patients.
- Share best practices and provide effective solutions to needs raised by patients, staff and families.
Business Development and Marketing
- Promote the facility to the professional and lay community.
- Establish effective relationships with other providers, health care organizations and payors.
- Develop relationships with key referral sources.