General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company, Recruitment/ Retention in Top 10% of Industry
General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company’s success continues in 2014. General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company is proud to announce that recruitment successes have increased by 43% as of the end of the third quarter. This recruitment achievement, combined with a 22% increase in retention, has resulted in dynamic growth in revenue and service volume. This performance ranks in the top 10% of the industry – more than double the industry standard and expectation.
“The credit for our success does not merely rest with our recruiting team; a large portion is directly attributable to the quality of our HR and clinical management teams. We realize that MCO/insurance company partners and facilities dislike physician turnover. General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company places strong emphasis on maintaining a stable clinical staff for our clients,” said Scott Sansovich, Director of Recruiting.
“Our clients are particularly pleased with clinical staff retention as a result of our operational and human resource protocols. Clients frequently praise our clinical team and state that our physicians and nurse practitioners are the most stable portion of the medical services in their facilities,” Sansovich added.
Kay Paruski, Administrator of Courtney Manor Nursing Home in Michigan said, “We have had the same General Medicine, Post-Hospitalist physician in our facility for over 15 years. He is wonderful. Our patients have benefited from his on-going relationship and consistency of care. The nurses also have a great relationship with our physician, and time has shown they can trust and rely on him. The families are very happy and comforted with communicating with the same physician year after year.”
General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company is the nation’s leading provider of specialized, post-hospitalist medical care services for managed care organizations, Medicare-Medicaid dual-eligible programs, Medicare Advantage Plans, accountable care organizations’ high-value provider networks, hospital systems and hospitalist programs. Nationally, the company has agreements to provide specialized, post-hospitalist medical care to more than 1,000 facilities. In addition, its group also provides geriatric, physical medicine and rehabilitation services to patients in sub-acute, skilled nursing, long-term care and assisted living facilities.
A post-hospitalist medical care program is a recognized, specialized approach to the practice of medicine in post-acute and long-term care settings. Patient acuity in these settings is increasing dramatically, and physicians need to have a medical practice that fits into an interdisciplinary environment that specializes in the care of patients in post-acute facilities.
The focus of General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company is on addressing the needs of high-risk, medically complex patients. The overall goal is to enhance and coordinate care of older adults and chronically ill patients in all post-acute settings.
Several key factors to consider about General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company:
- Specialize only in post-hospital and long-term care medicine.
- Consistently reduce hospital readmissions with a documented ten-year average readmission rate of 11.4%, while servicing more than 60,000 patients. (52% below the 30-day national average for the corresponding period).
- Reductions of unecessary ER usage – Average over 33%.
- Achieved top 10% audited Health Care Effectiveness Data and information set (Hedis) rate results for 2013.
- Currently contracted with 9 of the top 10 MCO’s in the nation.
Specific Benefits of Services Include:
- Reduced length of hospital stays.
- Reduced frequency of potentially avoidable hospital (PAH) admissions and readmissions.
- Reduced unnecessary ER usage.
- Reduced overall health care spending.
- Improved patient health outcomes.
- Improved process of transitions between inpatient hospitals, post-acute facilities and home.
For questions or comments, contact Thomas M. Prose, MD, MHA, MBA, President, General Medicine, P.C., The Post-Hospitalist Company, 21333 Haggerty Road, Suite 150, Novi, Michigan 48375, or call 800-979-9595. Further information regarding General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company is available at http://www.generalmedicine.com.
About General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company:
General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company, specializes in the care of post-acute care patients living in long-term care settings. Post-hospitalists hold regular, on-site office hours and pride themselves on quickly responding to calls and improving quality of care. With low staff turnover and 24/7 service, General Medicine, The Post-Hospitalist Company, helps facilities decrease hospital readmission rates and unnecessary ER visits.
- How Post-Hospitalists Decrease Health Care Spending - 06-24-2015
- Top Reasons for Hospital Readmissions from SNFs - 06-03-2015
- The Real Cost of Hospital Readmission Rates - 05-20-2015