General Medicine, P.C. Signs its 1,000th Post-Acute Facility Service Agreement
DETROIT, November 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — The Post Hospitalist Company / General Medicine, P.C. – continues with steady, successful growth into the fourth quarter of 2013.
As the nation’s leading provider of specialized Post Hospitalist Medical Care Services to Managed Care Organizations, Medicare-Medicaid Dual Eligible Programs, Medicare Advantage Plans, Accountable Care Organization’s High-Value Provider Networks, Hospital Systems and Hospitalist Programs, General Medicine has agreements to provide its specialized, Post Hospitalist Medical Care Services to more than 1,000 facilities nationally. In addition, its group also provides geriatrics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and medical services to patients in LTACs, Subacute, Skilled Nursing, Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities.
A Post Hospitalist Medical Care Program is a recognized, specialized approach to the practice of medicine in the post-acute and long-term care setting, where patient acuity is increasing dramatically and physicians need to have a medical practice that fits into a true interdisciplinary environment and is specialized in the care of patients in post-acute facilities. The focus of the Post Hospitalist Company is on addressing the needs of high-risk, medically complex patients with the overall goal of enhancing and coordinating care of older adults and chronically ill patients in all post-acute settings.
- Specific Benefits Include
- Reduce hospital lengths of stay.
- Reduce the frequency of potentially avoidable hospital (PAH) admissions and readmissions.
- Reduce unnecessary ER utilization.
- Reduce overall health care spending.
- Improve patient health outcomes.
- Improve process of transitions between inpatient hospitals, post-acute facilities and home settings.
Several key factors to consider about The Post Hospitalist Company:
- Specialization in Post Hospitalist Medicine
- Achievement of Reducing Hospital Readmissions – A documented ten (10) year average readmission rate of 11.3%, servicing more than 60,000 patients. Their readmission rate represents a 52% reduction from the 30-day national average of 23.5%.
- Achievement of Reducing Unnecessary ER Usage by over 33%.
“We are appreciative that MCOs, insurance plans and hospitals recognize the significant impact our services have on their Post-Acute patient populations, and we are excited about our scheduled expansion in 2014,” said Thomas M. Prose, M.D., MPH, MBA, President, The Post Hospitalist Company.
For questions or comments contact Thomas M. Prose, MD, MHA, MBA, President, General Medicine, P.C., – The Post Hospitalist Company, 21333 Haggerty Road, Suite 150, Novi, Michigan 48375, or call 800-979-9595. Information regarding General Medicine is available via the Internet at www.generalmedicine.com.
- How Post-Hospitalists Decrease Health Care Spending - 06-24-2015
- Top Reasons for Hospital Readmissions from SNFs - 06-03-2015
- The Real Cost of Hospital Readmission Rates - 05-20-2015