General Medicine achieves top 10 percent status
Detroit, MI, January 10, 2014 – General Medicine, P.C. – “The Post Hospitalist Company” achieves performance in the top 10 percent for audited Health Care Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Rate results for 2013
The overall average HEDIS Rate for all of the Managed Care Plans (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, POS and PPO Plans) serviced by General Medicine in 2013 was 90%. These results place General Medicine, P.C. -“The Post Hospitalist Company’s” care and service performance results for the Plans they serve in the top 10 percent of all Plans in the nation.
Criteria measured included Effectiveness of Care, Prevention and Screening, Respiratory Conditions, Cardiovascular Conditions, Musculoskeletal Conditions, Medication Management, Behavioral Health, and Access/Availability of Care. HEDIS is a nationally standardized set of measures related to important areas of care and service. Developed by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), it is one of the most widely used set of health care performance measures in the United States. HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
As the nation’s leading provider of specialized Post Hospitalist medical care services, General Medicine, P. C. – “The Post Hospitalist Company” has agreements to provide its specialized services to more than three hundred Insurance Company and Managed Care Plans and over 1,000 facilities nationally. Post Hospitalist medical care services are a recognized, specialized approach to the practice of medicine in post-acute and long-term care settings, where patient acuity is increasing dramatically and physicians need to have a medical practice that fits into a true interdisciplinary environment and is specialized in the care of patients in post-acute facilities. Facility types include Skilled Nursing, Long-Term Care, Residential Care, Sub-Acute, LTACs and Assisted Living Facilities.
The focus of all of their services is on addressing the needs of high-risk, medically complex patients with the overall goal of enhancing and coordinating care of older adults and chronically ill patients in all post-acute settings. Specific benefits of utilizing General Medicine, P.C. – “The Post Hospitalist Company’s” services include:
- Reduced Hospital Readmissions – documented ten (10) year average readmission rate of 11.3%, which is a 52% reduction from the national average of 23.5%
- Reduced hospital lengths of stay- average reduction 1.25 days.
- Reduced unnecessary ER utilization – average reductions over 33%.
- Reduce overall health care spending.
- Improve patient health outcomes.
- Improve process of transitions between inpatient hospitals, post-acute facilities and home settings.
For questions or comments contact Thomas M. Prose, MD, MHA, MBA, President, General Medicine, P.C., – “The Post Hospitalist Company”, 21333 Haggerty Road, Suite 150, Novi, Michigan 48375, or call 800-979-9595.
- How Post-Hospitalists Decrease Health Care Spending - 06-24-2015
- Top Reasons for Hospital Readmissions from SNFs - 06-03-2015
- The Real Cost of Hospital Readmission Rates - 05-20-2015