Nurse Practitioner Services
General Medicine employs Certified Nurse Practitioners/ Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNP/CNS) that specialize in chronic care medicine and the treatment of post-acute and long-term care patients.
For more than 20 years now, we have provided the highest level of quality and continuity of care for each patient we serve. In recent years, acuity levels of most patients entering nursing homes have dramatically increased and that's where we come in to help you care for these residents more effectively.
We enhance resident care through the utilization of Certified Nurse Practitioners/ Clinical Nurse Specialists which are intended to augment and assist primary care physicians in their overall treatment of nursing home residents.
We implement this through:
- On-site Certified Nurse Practitioners/ Clinical Nurse Specialists with regular office hours in your nursing home.
- 7 days per week coverage as needed.
- Visits to individual patients based on their need and medical necessity
- No costs for these services to your facility.
- Collaborative practice agreements with ALL primary care physicians.
- Significant impact on resident care.
- Enhanced Communication.
- Increased resident and Family satisfaction through timely responses to staff and family calls & requests for services.
- Reduced hospitalizations.
- Increased referrals from local primary care physicians.
- Malpractice coverage for all of our services.
- Support for your nursing staff.
- Monitoring of our services to ensure compliance with all regulations and standards.
- Assistance with survey and compliance issues.